Saturday, October 4, 2014

~Day two of marathon weekend~

Woke up at Uncle Bryan's house (which is basically like staying in a 5 star hotel) and we headed out to Corning around 8 am.  We got here two hours later and were able to get an early check-in to our hotel.  It's super nice and comfy.  We got settled and headed over to the expo.  Very small in comparison to Austin Marathon, but it was okay.  Picked up some swag for myself and my love and my dad.  Grabbed some pizza for lunch at Atlas Brick Oven Pizza (it was pretty decent) and headed back to the hotel.  My mom and I both got some pants at the Expo and wanted to try them on before we headed back over in the car to get something for my dad.

We went back and it was MUCH busier, ran in, got what we needed and headed back once again.  I have been taking lots of pics which I plan on sharing, but my cell is weird with my computer so I will do that on Monday.

We came back and I got to enjoy some Netflix Orange is the New Black on my computer and had a quick little nap. We went for a small walk to grab some snacks and take some more pics.

Came back once again and I downloaded and rearranged music on my iPod for tomorrow.  I am going to finish this, take a shower, and get into bed to catch up on episodes of The Voice with my mom and hopefully be out for the count by 9pm.

Hopping on the bus to the start around 6:15/6:30.  A few of you are going to get Chronotrack updates of my times at the 10k point, half point, 20.5, and the end.  They should all be about an hour apart, I hope.

When we stopped at our car a random guy (with a race shirt on-one of the best ones by the way-the shirt, not the guy lol) said hey, you ready to rumble.  To which I said, phst, ready as I'll ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment